- In the back of DC’s weekly 52 series, they’ve been running these two-page origin stories of the various DC superheroes. At the end of each one, they give a short list of “Essential Storylines” of the character. Every Day is Like Wednesday has been reviewing not just the storylines, but the lists themselves, and adding other essential material to it. It’s cool reading if you’ve ever wanted to know more about a particular DC character, like I have about Zatanna (it’s the fishnets).
- I totally missed that Shang Chi: Master of Kung Fu appeared in last month’s issue of Wisdom. Gonna have to go back and get that one.
- Today’s Quentin Tarantino’s 44th birthday.
- Though Emma Watson made fans sweat a little, they can rest easy now. Watson and the other two main Harry Potter actors have all signed on to complete the movie series.
- Geek Monthly has a nice recap of a couple of interviews that Battlestar Galactica co-creator Ron Moore has given lately. As Geek says, “It is clear that he is thinking of an endgame for the franchise, but won’t say for sure if season 4 will be the final voyage.” There are a couple of spoilers about Season 4 there, some clarification about the Season 3 finale, and story details about the direct-to-DVD movie coming out this fall. Good stuff for BSG fans.
- Looks like there’s a new Stargate series in the works: Stargate Universe.
- I’m too old to have grown up with the Transformers, so I don’t have an ingrained fondness for them, but I now have a reason to be excited about the new movie: Hugo Weaving is voicing Megatron.
Other Comics News
- Man, I wish I lived in New York so I could go to Autism Awareness Day at Shea Stadium and hang out with Kyle Baker and a mess of other comics professionals and journalists. Sounds like it’s going to be a blast and for a fantastic cause. If you live in the area, check the link for updates about ticket prices, because they’re cheaper if you get them in advance.